BUTTONS

Tuesday 25 November 2014

Hayley Williams MAC Collection


Hi everyone, so here it is, my first review. I know this collection is from last year but I thought it would be a good idea to share my opinion. You may not know this by my favourite band of all time is Paramore. They are an American rock trio from Franklin, Tennessee. I've been a fan of them for around 6 years and own every album they have made. The front woman Hayley Williams released a 4 piece collection for MAC in April 2013 and I am so in love with it.
The first piece is an eye shadow. This can be seen in the top left in the collage and on they eyes of Hayley herself. This is a very bright frosted coral colour and can really bring out the colour of any eye colour. The colour itself is called "Day Dreaming" which is one of the names of their songs on their latest self titled album. This eye shadow goes hand in hand with dark hair colours and should only be paired with a nude lip or a natural bronzed look. Its a buildable colour so you can go from a faint pink to a very bold eye depending on what you prefer.
The second piece is a nail lacquer in the colour "Riot Gear" and is a very bold orange. This is only a small pot so I am very weary to use it, just because I really don't want it to run out. But, I have used it a couple of times and the only downside to it is that to achieve the colour that is promised, you need a couple of coats. That is the same with any nail polish really.
The third piece, is my favourite out of all the collection. That is the orange lipstick. And when I say orange, I really mean orange. I don't think my picture does it justice but you can tell from Hayley's lips that it is as bright as her iconic hair. This is called " Sounds Like Noise" and is a very matte lip colour. I usually don't like matte colours but I really like how smooth it is when on your lips. I have used this colour both matte and glossy. I added just a simple clear gloss on top to give it a shine and not remove any of the gorgeous colour.
LASTLY, its the mineralizing skin finish. This is not an original piece to MAC as it was discontinued but was brought back to Hayley's collection. This skin finish is a very pale white shimmer with peachy orange and silver tones throughout. My favourite way to use this product is to use it as a highlighter on top of my cheekbones, my chin, forehead and down my nose. The name of this product is "Lightscapade."

That is all I have to say about this collection and I'm unsure if it is still available on the official MAC website but I know you can buy certain items of it from EBay. Id love it if you could share your opinion if you've tried any of these products, also if you know any high street duplicates for any of these, PLEASE let me know.

Ciao xo

3 comments:

  1. the shade of that lipstick is absolutely gorgeous!
    i'm following you on bloglovin'. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous shade of lipstick! i love orange and coral shades!
    greta post hun
    Jade// http://jadenewton-taylor.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lipstick so much, its just so hard to pair with a certain look. Once done right it looks amazing! Thank you for your comments x

    ReplyDelete