BUTTONS

Sunday 30 November 2014

Seeing Tonight Alive Live


 
 
Hey everyone, last night I went to a concert to see one of my favourite bands, Tonight Alive. This post will be all about how my day/night went. So my day started out really when I got into the centre of Manchester. Me and my best friend were supposed to have timed our arrivals so that we would get there at the same time, but I ended up having a hot chocolate in a café while I waited half an hour for her. When she finally arrived we went to get a taxi to the Academy but there were none in sight. Which is rather strange. We must have walked around one part of Manchester for at least 15 minutes until we rang a taxi. That taxi must have took 10 minutes and still wasn't there, so we decided to jump in another one. FINALLY.
When we got right near the academy I could see people queuing already. This queue wasn't small. It was huge. There goes our dream of getting to the barrier. As we got out of the taxi we saw two of our friends from college who were 16 people away from the front. Therefore we sat with them and didn't have to go right to the back. We had to wait 5 hours until the doors opened but we found a way to pass the time. One of the ways was pressing our ears against the back door when they were going through sound check. The opening song was The Edge from The Amazing Spiderman 2 but there was no singing. We were all so shocked and confused until the lead singer herself Jenna, walks past waves and says "hi." I died right there.
A couple of hours passed and after being accused of pushing in the queue, the doors were opened and since you aren't allowed to run so it was more like a skip to try and get to the front. I was behind the people who were actually at the barrier so I was very, very close. It was time for the first opening act now.
I instantly fell in love when Chunk! No, Captain Chunk. This is mainly because of the lead singer, plus they're French. I don't usually like bands who are screamo but these only have a small amount of it so it wasn't bad. They are such a good band and their accent just makes it better. Definitely music that you can head bang to.
Next came a band that a lot more people knew. When Chunk were playing the spacing wasn't that bad. You could move freely and happily. But when The Summer Set came on, it got very tight. I hadn't heard of this band before but I really enjoyed them. The most thing I found interesting was that they had a female drummer. I'm not in the slightest saying that its wrong, I've just never seen it before. But I tell you one thing, she had no bingo wings. Things like playing the drums, guitar etc. much take so much talent. I wish I could play the drums. Anyway this band has gone up on one of my favourites lists and I definitely recommend that's you listen to them. The best song in my opinion is Boomerang.
After these finished, it was time for Tonight Alive. And god didn't we know it. Everyone was pushed forward so that you were practically combined with the person in front. I couldn't breathe. The amount of people that got carried out because they were having panic attacks was ridiculous. This was before Tonight Alive came on.
I'm unaware of how many times I screamed because I'd probably lose count. It looked like they all were having as much fun on stage as we were down in the sardine pit. One of the best moments was when I gave Cam a massive cheesy grin and he gave one back. While rocking out if everyone else jumped you had no other option than to jump as they were pulling you up.

This is the best picture I got of the night. Jenna's personality in one shot. I absolutely loved it last night and if I could do it again I would do it again in a heart beat. You could tell that I had a great time because I woke up and sounded like an old woman who has smoked 80 a day her whole life. I guess that's everything I could talk about. Please listen to all three bands and tell me what you think of them. But that's it for now guys.

Ciao xo

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete