BUTTONS

Sunday 21 December 2014

Being Thankful

HO HO HELLO EVERYONE, sorry that its been a while, I guess I've not quite got the hang of blogging on a set basis. Anyway, Christmas is literally around the corner and I'm probably more excited than a little child. But I just wanted to talk about something that I've been mulling over in my head recently, and that is how some people aren't thankful. Personally I am not the slightest religious so I do not celebrate Christmas for the original reason but I see this time of year to be thankful. As I'm English we do not celebrate thanksgiving but I see Christmas as being a time for this. I'm am hugely thankful for my family, friends and all the opportunities I have had throughout my life time. This is why its my FAVOURITE time of the year but I cant understand why people can be so selfish to not be grateful for what they get. Some people are all about materialistic goods and if they have the latest designer clothing but that isn't what its about. Its about being with family and for the religious people out there, its to celebrate the birth of Christ. I'm pretty sure we can all be materialistic sometimes, especially when you get socks for Christmas, like "wow, some socks. I love them!!" But remember, some people don't even get that. So all I'm trying to say is be thankful for everything you get because there are people out there who don't get as much as you do. You and I are so lucky compared to these people. I'm not going to rant any longer. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and have a great time in what ever holiday you are celebrating!!:) Leave your favourite thing about the holiday season in the comments below.

Ciao xo

1 comment:

  1. this was such a sweet & refreshing post to read. christmas is definitely a time of giving :)

    xx angela // the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete