BUTTONS

Friday 12 December 2014

Drama Exam

Hey guys, I've decided to make up for my lack of posts by posting a second one tonight. This one is all about my drama exam yesterday. I just want to share my experience with you.
So last night, I had to perform as a part of my A Level drama exam. I can honestly say it was the most nerve wracking thing I've done in my life. Acting is a big part of my life as it will tie in with my future career. It also gives me such an adrenaline rush, being on stage with everyone's eyes on you. For me, its a way of forgetting reality for about 25 minutes while I become someone else. But to be marked on how well you do it really is very daunting.
However, my exam went very well. It did mess up in one section, but knowing how to recover when this does happen is a skill that you are taught. I played a character called Mari and our piece was based on the performance of "The Rise and Fall of Little Voice" by Jim Cartwright. She was a very bold and brassy character but it was something I could relate to so it wasn't that much of a challenge.
This would be the last night we would perform for our A Level as the rest will be theory work. I loved every single minute and I would like to congratulate the rest of my drama family for how well they did! What a great way to end our practical drama.
Here is just a small picture of me in character with one of my closest friends. Ignore the caption as it was stolen from her snapchat.
Leave a comment below what you love the most and if you have ever performed before.

Ciao xo

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you were happy with your performance, you were amazing and did me proud :) xxx

    ReplyDelete