BUTTONS

Wednesday 3 December 2014

STRESS!

Hey everyone, I didn't think I'd be making a post this week but I'm just going to do a quick one about stress. At the moment I'm in sixth form college and I never thought it would actually be that stressful. But it is. Not only do I have two assessments next week that involve me learning several essays. I have my drama practical exam on Thursday. All this in one week does not make me a happy bunny. It actually makes me very stressed. A few years ago, maybe when I was about 12 I was diagnosed with severe migraines. You may not think that this is a big deal but they are worse than any headache than I've ever had. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The main trigger for these migraines is stress. So whenever I'm feeling a little stressed I will get a migraine and it will make me feel worse. I have pills which help take the edge of them but the side effects are terrible so I try and refrain from taking them. A lot of the time to try and chill out I just lie in bed with a cup of tea and try not to think over any of the problems that will be coming up. But that is easier said than done.
I cant really give you any way of stopping a migraine if you suffer from them because everyone is different when it comes down to it. What I do is, pack all my work away, stay away from ANY sort of screen including phone, go to bed turn all my lights out and try to sleep it off. Sleeping is the only way in my opinion that settles my migraine.
This is a REALLY short post but I thought id keep you updated. I have had them really bad the past few days and it doesn't help that I'm also ill. For the next week I don't think I may post just because id really like the time to focus on work and then after that I will throw everything Christmassy at you. I should be back to normal after that. Im sorry guys but I hope you understand. Please leave me a comment if you have any questions or concerns. THANKSSSSS

Ciao xo

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that! Yes, college can be very stressful, but I am sure you will deal with it well. What helped me the most, was to go out in the nature and I just forgot about everything. I came back home filled with a positive energy and the “I can do this shit” attitude. Good luck girl! :)

    Aniqa Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never know how strong You actually are before You have to go thru hard stuff. Think about it all just as experience. It always helps me.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete